You have invested significant time, money and effort in establishing and maintaining information repositories. You have implemented significant internal platforms and yet:
- Your people are still complaining that it is too difficult to find what they are looking for.
- You are not seeing the expected uptake of new information repositories implemented.
- They still keep using bespoke working practices.
- They still store links and attachments in their e-mail client.
- They are still using external sources where there are more reputable internal sources available.
If this is you, AmiLinker can help you make a business impact without the need to move to a new platform or the prerequisite to implement a new enterprise wide solution or the need for “everybody” to adopt the new way of working. AmiLinker allows you to leverage your existing investments and allows the innovators to forge ahead without being held back by other parts of the organisation.
How we approach the solution with AmiLinker
Problems like information, email and attention overload are industry-wide and well acknowledged by many stakeholders. According to a report by McKinsey, email overload in particular has become a huge drag on the working professional. This is impacting the bottom line significantly, and the problem is increasing in size. Our thesis for helping to alleviate the problems above is logical – we have four “macro” themes that guide our product development:
- Focus on individual productivity. Our tool must do simple things well for the individual – it should be part of day-to-day work and alleviate very simple burdens for accessing, storing, communicating and discovering resources. It should also be agnostic – overlaying all current systems, both inside and outside the enterprise. In addition – it should be proactive – giving precise control of notifications and alerts back to the user, unlike broadcast mediums like email which are uncontrolled. A large part of the ideal user experience is what to exclude from the core solution. Complexity has always been an issue with enterprise systems, and we must aim for an enterprise-class tool with the appeal and usability of popular consumer services.
- Organising and browsing. We must offer an assured, future-proof way of finding and discovering resources through free tagging and taxonomies. As a tool that encompasses the whole enterprise, this would be the only solution which is agnostic to vendor and easy to use with all other systems through open data access.
- Sharing and collaboration. The essential themes of the moment are information and email overload, and social networking is part of the solution to that problem.
- Embrace existing systems and new devices. Part of the integration of our tool must include using emerging devices (like tablets and smartphones) that exist to make productivity and reading exquisitely simple and enjoyable. Secure integration with existing systems like social platforms and Outlook is also paramount – which makes the user experience far simpler and more familiar, assuring the highest returns on investment in our tool.
As a whole, AmiLinker aims to leverage your existing systems to make them more usable. It’s a tool that excels in specific use cases, rather than a large suite of software – which tends to confuse users with complexity, and doesn’t excel at any particular use case.